Sunday, April 20, 2008

Reflections in Blue


Reflections in Blue, originally uploaded by rigglord.

Sometimes the stress of the job becomes overwhelming. I find myself at some scene where some senseless violence has taken place, a situation that has played out repeatedly for me over the years. I try to have a cynical air about the experience, but in reality it affects me just as much as the first time that I witness it.

So in reaction to that I have been attempting to take images of what is in some way the opposite of the situation that I'm in, sometimes within the very day. In other ways to acknowledge a particular experience directly. Not to the negate the violence that I have witness but to acknowledge it in some sort of creative way to help channel some of the emotions that have affected me.

Reflections in Blue is a series of photos that document that inner chaos.

No comments: